10 Easy Steps to Fix Your Four Wheeler/ATV
Steps to fix 50cc, 70cc, 90cc or 110cc Chinese made four wheelers and ATV’s. Great reference manual for ATV enthusiast.
Here is a comprehensive checklist that will help you trouble shoot your 50cc, 90cc or 110cc Chinese ATV or Four-wheeler:
- Check the Battery: Make sure all connections are properly connected and that there are no loose wires.
- The battery may not be fully charged: Make sure that the battery is charged before attempting to start your four-wheeler.
- Check the fuel and the fuel line: Make sure that the four-wheeler has gasoline. Check to see if the motor is getting fuel and that the fuel line is not broken or pinched.
- Clean out the carburetor with a carburetor cleaner: Many times these four wheelers sit in warehouses for a long time before they arrive at your doorstep and dust builds up which may clog the carburetor.
- Check the spark plug: A motor cannot start without a spark, take out the spark plug wire and make sure that it is clean and getting a spark.
- Many of these come with an automatic shut off in the back: Check the back plug and make sure that it is properly connected and not off.
- The break needs to be applied in order for the unit to start: Make sure that there is no faulty connection in the break lever and that when you are starting it the break is applied.
- Check the Stator: This is a common problem with these, if you hear a clicking when your engine turns over it is most likely your stator.
- If the engine does not turn on or the battery is not recharging itself after you have gotten the engine to start the it is most likely your stator.
- If it not any of these things and your four: Wheeler is still not starting it is possible that your CDI box is not working properly. The CDI box or brain box is your four wheelers electrical ignition system. If this is not working properly then it wont start.
Parts for these four wheelers are usually pretty cheap and easy to get. They have very simple engine designs and can be worked on by pretty much any mechanic or amateur mechanic with minimal mechanical knowledge. Although it may get frustrating always use common sense there is always a solution to any problem if you look for it.
For more information on parts are trouble shooting feel free to visit allamericanatv.com.